On 08/03/09 04:40, Matt Wozniski wrote:
[...]
> Huh?  They do different things.  Cygwin provides a POSIX emulation
> layer through cygwin1.dll, mingw provides mappings from POSIX concepts
> to Windows concepts to try to make it possible to cross-compile POSIX
> applications.  What's there to be convinced about?  Either one is the
> right tool for the job, or the other is.
>
> ~Matt

Sounds like you'd end up convincing me that, if I were still on Windows
-- which I'm not -- the right tool for compiling Vim would be MSVC...

But I made the switchover to SuSE Linux, and like in fairytale stories,
I've lived happily ever after. ;-)

Best regards,
Tony.
--
A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an
exam.