On 18/05/10 11:24, Jeff Horelick wrote:
Hey, i've noticed some people saying on IRC and randomly throughout the
web in places that the whole:

"link.sh: We don't need libXt!"
"link.sh: Removing libXt!"

thing is a bit scary if you're new to compiling vim or compiling stuff
on linux in general because you might think its actually going to remove
libxt from your whole system. Because of this, I have attached a very
simple patch to change the link.sh echos to say delinking instead of
removing which sounds quite a bit less scary.

Regards,
JD

Now that you mention it, the word "remove" could be ambiguous (though after "OK link works" I never thought that the "removal" could be other than from the link command-line), but "delink" sounds barbarous to me. What about (in pseudo-printf notation):

OK, linking works, let's try and simplify the command-line
Trying not to use the %s library
This Vim build doesn't need the %s library
This Vim build DOES need the %s library
Linked fine, the link command-line cannot be simplified
Using auto/link.sed to simplify the link command-line
Linked fine using some fewer libraries

?

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Simon's Law:
        Everything put together falls apart sooner or later.