On May 18, 4:29 pm, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> Jeff Horelick wrote:
> > Hey, i've noticed some people saying on IRC and randomly throughout
> > the web in places that the whole:
>
> > "link.sh: We don't need libXt!"
> > "link.sh: Removing libXt!"
>
> > thing is a bit scary if you're new to compiling vim or compiling stuff on
> > linux in general because you might think its actually going to remove libxt
> > from your whole system. Because of this, I have attached a very simple patch
> > to change the link.sh echos to say delinking instead of removing which
> > sounds quite a bit less scary.
>
> Are these the same people that ask for a copy of the internet?
>
> Anyway, using "omit" instead of "remove" is probably better.
> I don't know what "delinking" is.
>
> --
> 67. Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours.  You start
>     to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access
>     number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem.  You succeed.
>
>  /// Bram Moolenaar -- b...@moolenaar.net --http://www.Moolenaar.net  \\\
> ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features --http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/\\\
> \\\        download, build and distribute --http://www.A-A-P.org       ///
>  \\\            help me help AIDS victims --http://ICCF-Holland.org   ///
>
> --
> For more information, visithttp://www.vim.org/maillist.php

They're also likely the type of people who own the Brooklyn Bridge
(does that "joke" work outside the US?).

Omit sounds quite good to me. I used delinking because I was sort of
under the impression that it built Vim linking to all these libraries
and then link.sh stripped them out, but i could be wrong.