OK, went back to the Mac,

Power on,

Screen comes up, after a short time I get a floppy disk icon with a question mark in it,

>I reckon this means the POST and ROM-hosted diagnostics are complete, and I need to insert a system disk containing the disk-based Operating System (OS) files/components

Insert a blank 400 k disk,

System reads drive,

Screen displays a floppy disk icon with an x in the middle and ejects the disk.

> I reckon this means that the disk has been read, but the disk-based OS components have not been detected/read into memory (makes sense, it *is* a blank disk).

So.....

If all the above is correct, what I need is the disk-based OS files/components on the blank disk.

Soooo.... as I've asked before, how do I mount the disk-based components onto the disk?

Cheers,

Ian.