Hi, Asad,

If gas prices are doing anthing like what they are here, you might want
to keep the Diesel - and run it on used cooking oil...  :)

What kind of Diesel? Air cooled? VW? Sounds like a one-off kind of
conversion. If it's liquid cooled, where did they hide the radiator?

I'm looking for a VW Jetta TDI myself, this summer...62 MPG. Worth it
unless Diesel get to twice the price of gas, but you can always make
your own fuel, if it gets bad.

As far as 'original' DP aircooled engines go, I would look for anything
prior to the fuel injection era, '75 or newer - the older heads have
bigger valves. Found out the hard way, trying to get a bit more
performance out of my son's '75 Bug.

Chuck Kuecker