From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Jonathan Mosen
Sent: 10 December 2015 19:29
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iPhone seven rumors

Hi Scott, since this is a mainstream issue as well as an accessibility one,
I've used the feedback form.
In my view, it would be good to see AppleVis take an editorial position on
something as significant to many of us as this, in the same way that Cult of
mac has done, where they are opposing the jack's removal. I agree with you that
a bunch of blind people won't stop this on their own, but it's an unpopular
decision with many very loyal Apple fans, as the Apple fan sites have shown, so
there is quite a coalition of concerned people forming.
I for one was grateful to AppleVis for blowing the whistle on the inaccessible
App Store a few iOS versions ago, and I believe it may not have been fixed
before release if AppleVis hadn't done the right, brave thing and taken a
public stand. This is another such time where it could help to make a
difference.
The jack has to go sometime, but hopefully, it can go at a point when the
entire industry has agreed on a better standard.
I certainly appreciate you organising to have AppleVis retweet the link to my
blog post, and I'd be happy for AppleVis to use the text. I personally don't
see much point in starting another discussion on another user forum, it's some
sort of editorial post I was looking for. I believe at times like this, we all
as a community need to pull together to work towards what's in our common
interest.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I know you're a hearing aid user too and
that you're concerned.

Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org

        On 11/12/2015, at 8:08 AM, Scott Davert <scottslistm...@gmail.com>