The fact is, before apple came out with their revolutionary touch-based screen
reader, it was not believed blind people could work with touch screens in such
a way. The closest thing was Mobile Speak who turned the touch-screen in to 4
large buttons, and created an invisible talking keyboard that covered the
entire display. The professional research questions were all focused around how
to ad tactile feedback in a way that would be meaningful to blind people. The
basic premise has been that blind people could not effectively adapt to an
ever-changing visual interface. As I read through the professional research and
literature, this theme remains constant.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone