Hi Vicki,

Encrypted iTunes backups include health data and passwords, but otherwise,
they're the same as iCloud ones. If you set iTunes to download copies of all
your purchased apps, it will restore from those downloaded apps instead of the
app store, however. I usually do an iTunes backup before installing a new
version of iOS but do iCloud backups the rest of the time because iCloud
backups are automatic. That way, if for some reason I unexpectedly had to erase
my phone or start with a new device, I would have a recent backup.

Best,
Anna