This is all a matter of personal preference.  I have been using otterboxes for
almost 5 years, I have never had a slow responding screen, and I have always
been able to sell my phones as practically new because of this.  I had a
friend, who was against otterboxes, she decided to go with one just to spite
me, dropped her phone in the street the very next day, 2 cars and a motor cycle
ran over the phone before she got a chance to get to it.  The case was banged
up, but the phone when taking it out was flawless, so to each there own.  I am
going with the temperd glass on my iPHone X, and 50 bucks is a bit high for
glass screen protectors, I only paid 40 for mine.