Hi Beverly,
I’ve been through similar situations before, and I remember that the first time
or two it was very frustrating. If you ever have to do this again, be aware
that the month and year are “picker items””, which bear a slight resemblance to
a list box with one major exception. To interact with the picker item  you
first double-tap it, then you do a single-finger flick up or down until the
desired item is selected. Now here’s the important part: immediately adjacent
to the picker item (usually to the left) is a “Done” button which you must
double-tap in oder to get the selection to stick.  So, make your picker
selection, then flick left to the “Done” button, double-tap and then and only
then can you move on to the next picker item, at which time you deal with it in
exactly the same way.  It can be a pain when you first try it, but once you get
it down it becomes easier when you encounter similar controls.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tom