Hello, Alan and everyone.

I realize what follows may be boring to many since this report will
not help anyone use the BARD app more effectively; but if anyone is
interested in more findings about BARD app storage reporting, here's
the very dry report.  I am writing it out of a sense of duty and not
because I believe anyone's lives will be changed for the better for
reading it.

Problem:  When I go to "Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage," my
iPhone running iOS 11.4.1 seems to include the correct number of
megabytes the BARD app takes up of total storage.  However, with
several  books downloaded, if I click on the BARD app's entry, the app
is shown as taking up 5.5 MB and its documents and data a mere 20 KB.

After an email exchange this morning with NLS BARD support, in which
my emails were answered courteously, quickly, and thoughtfully, I
phoned Apple and got the same advice that I did from NLS: re-install
the app if I liked.  No other theory as to how to remedy the problem
was given.  I reinstalled the app and got the same behavior.

Later in the day, I decided that instead of again deleting the app and
re-installing it, I would offload the app, preserving the documents
and data until such time as I would install the app once more.  As
soon as I offloaded it, the correct byte count for the documents and
data of the app was surprisingly  shown: something over 600 MB.  This
time, though, the total number of gigabytes  of storage reported by
the iPhone did not seem to take into account the gigabyte count taken
up by   the BARD app.  Feeling totally confused, I deleted everything
connected with the BARD app, reinstalled it, and now have the original
scenario: the total storage of the phone seems to reflect the presence
of the BARD app, but when I check out the app itself, the documents
and data count is again only 20 KB.  It is important to stress that
the app is working correctly.

The bottom line: It does seem as if there is a communications
disconnect between the BARD app and the phone, but my diagnostic zeal
has been exhausted.  I'm copying this information  to NLS Support in
case they want to forward it to BARD's developers.  When I download
iOS 12, we'll see what happens.

If you are tired of this thread, I don't blame you in the least.

Thanks for reading.

Craig