Hi,

    While I saw a brief description of the 12 volt battery case, on the
StandScan site, neither I or my partner (a veteran online shopper!) can find it
to buy. Perhaps, this explains why I never received it with my order.

    Now, just a suggestion, I am sure, as has been mentioned here, it will be
possible to use other types of back-up power to bring the brightness up to 12
volts. I, for example, have my trusty Turbo Charger for my iPhone 4s. However,
that charger, which comes complete with different connectors, does not have the
appropriate one for the StandScan. It does have one which is the right shape,
but not big enough. i am thinking that if I can get some sort of enlarging
adaptor, I should be good to go. The advantage of this solution would be that I
would not be relying upon expensive batteries, but rather on a rechargeable
back-up.

    My problem is  that I don't know the names for all these sorts of
connectors, which makes it hard to research online. plus, I live miles and
miles away from the nearest shop that sells milk, let alone electronic
adaptors!!! So, I think that someone in a better situation might find the
solution before me. I will keep trying though. Does anyone know, should there
be some sort of number/name on the connector that comes with the mains adaptor?

    Sorry for the wooly-headed nature of this message, its early, I have
toothache and I haven't had any coffee yet.

    Happy researching!
    Sandy.

Sent from my iPhone