From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:42 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: lost my Plantronics M50

Where do you get these definitions of ear pieces and headsets? I ask because
they differ from my understanding. A headset are headphones that include a
mike and allow for hands free operation, whether this be for one ear or
both. This is also what wikipedia says is meant by a headset
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headset_%28audio%29

Sounds like when you're listening to music, you're using a pair of stereo
headphones and not a headset.

Either way, I think the understandings here are nebulous enough that people
should just be clear about what they're talking about and what they're
asking about.

On 05/19/2013 11:03 AM, Alan Paganelli wrote:
> It sounds to me like allot of people are misunderstanding the
> differences between an ear peace and a head set.  An ear peace is for
> making and answering phone calls.  A head set is for listening to
> music but may also answer phone calls.
> If I want to listen to music, I use a head set with no mike.  I'm
> sitting down, laying down etc.  The reason is I'm listening to music
> and not out on the streets walking around.  When I am, I use a
> Bluetooth ear peace which lets me make and take phone calls it does
> not let me listen to music.  I don't need the distractions of music
> when I'm going somewhere.  I'm usually taking my cane these days as my
> Leader Dog is retired and I don't like the wus dogs the schools are
putting out now.

Bluetooth
>     stereo headsets, but are not part of single earpieces. I had bought a
>     Jawbone ERA at one point which is one of the more expensive headsets
>     and I
>     currently have a Jabra Supreme which is also $99 and neither one of
them
>     allowed you to do Play/Pause which for me would be enough.
>
>     At least the new Audible app is now much better at resuming playback
>     after a
>     phone call. Before the update it would pause when a call came in,
>     but after
>     the call was done it would not resume and if I was using my Jabra
>     and had
>     the phone tucked away I always had to dig out the phone and start
>     the book
>     again. Now it continues to play after the call and for me that's a
huge
>     improvement.
>

>     Regards,
>     Sieghard