From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Kevin Barry
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:05 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Word Recognition Using High-quality and Compact Voices

Yes. But they are named by Nuance.
I have all the English  Nuance voices on my PC using Window-eyes.
There are five, as I recall Samantha voices alone ranging from  compact to
something like super high quality  or some such.
Apple offers a choice of what Nuance has.
And, for my PC I still prefer the old Dec Access32.
Nothing clearer or more   responsive.

At 09:36 AM 6/1/2013, you wrote:
>Ah!
>
>I'm not sure what you mean.  Didn't Apple have to decide to include
>those voices?
>
>Ricardo Walker
>rica...@appletothecore.info
>Twitter:@apple2thecore
>www.appletothecore.info
>
>On Jun 1, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Kevin Barry <krba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Because those voices are not from Apple.
> > They are from Nuance.
> >
> > At 09:12 AM 6/1/2013, you wrote:
> >> lol,
> >>
> >> How are you so certain they were sighted?  Plenty of blind
> people work for Apple.  And I don't mind the high quality voices at
> all.  So that being said, couldn't it have been a like minded blind
> person who suggested high quality voices?
> >>
> >> I'm not saying they are better or anything like that.  My point
> is, its a pretty subjective thing, no?
> >>
> >> Ricardo Walker
> >> rica...@appletothecore.info
> >> Twitter:@apple2thecore
> >> www.appletothecore.info

> opinion, that is what happens when sighted people decide these things.

> say I agree with you. The clarity of the high quality voices actually
> makes words sound too choppy or bitty to my ears. I've settled on the
> compact Australian lady as the easiest to comprehend.

<http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en>http://groups.google.com/group
/viphone?hl=en.
> Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
> it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.