Hi Gary and Sandy,

I'm not sure that you'll be able to change the database of Red Laser's barcode
IDs, for users who are outside the U.S.  The original Red Laser app and fast
scanning recognition method was developed by Occipital, who provided the
ability to do a general Google search on the bar code.  This was a paid app,
but only $0.99.  Because the app was so successful, eBay purchased it, and
released it as a free app.  For a few months after, there were two versions of
the Red Laser app, one named "Red Laser Classic" that was based on the original
Occipital release, that worked as a general purpose app, and a second that is
the current Red Laser app, that is meant to drive the U.S. eBay related sales.

So basically this stopped being a general purpose bar code scanning app once
eBay bought it from Occipital. I still have the loser, original Red Laser
Classic app, and it works up through iOS 6, but it hasn't been available for
over a year.

Hope this explanation helps.  It's not such a problem for U.S. users, but it is
an issue for anyone using it in another country.

Cheers,

Esther