Dan,
I wonder if you know about this? At the bottom of the results screen of
RedLaser there are two sort of edit fields, though they are not exactly edit
fields, The first is called UPC, and the second, I am afraid, I have forgotten.
But you can paste and number in there if you wish. Anyway, the implication is
that there is a direct link to the UPC database, but when I double tap tap UPC
nothing happens. Have you found a way to do this? Otherwise, one has to go to
Safari put in the right address for the UPC database and then choose look up
and so on and so on and so on. I am just wondering if there is a quicker way
directly from the RedLaser app.

By the way, I completely agree with you when you suggest there are many ways of
achieving the same ends and not forget the existing technology many of us (not
me though) still have. By the same token, many of these camera apps are
actually easy to yuse, but may require a little bit of teaching just to get
going with them.
Jmt,
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone