If you're out of wi-fi range you'd be using cellular data anyway.

DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Bill Gallik
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 3:14 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: battery drainage

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SIRI actually send the audio input to
voice recognition servers?

That being the case; turning off WI-FI will cause any additional SIRI
commands to be sent over the mobile network and could result in additional
network access charges.  Point is, if you plan on using SIRI to any extent
you probably do not want to disable WI-FI.
----
Holland's Boy, Bill
- "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society."
- US Humorist, Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)