You're going to handle 500CPS of legacy sonet based TDM and question dropping 7
figures on the solution? *cringes*

This is literally what platforms like metaswitch, sonus and many others are
made for. If you're looking for low cost, Taqua's solution is decent, and if
you need to take that entire OC-48, you're all but eyeballs deep in Sonus or
Metaswitch land.

-Paul