more energetic than thermite. Yikes.

From: Jack Cole

Very interesting account.  I have occasionally had the fantasy of modifying a
pressure cooker, adding 10 pounds of nickel powder, and adding hydrogen (after
degassing).
Most observers of the LENR/nickel hydride scene are unaware of the details of
the Thermacore, Inc. runaway reaction back in 1996.
Unfortunately, this was the last effort that this company made in the field,
and the main reason that they dropped LENR