Bob

Thanks for your thoughts.   I must admit that a mechanism based on coherence has long been a favoured hypothesis of mine.  It is not a complete coincidence that the company I have formed as a vehicle for this is called 'Coherent Water Systems'.  I have known John Swain for many years, indeed he was responsible for me being involved in LENR, and he also strongly advocates mechanisms based on coherence https://www.scientific.net/KEM.495.124.  I also agree with him that such mechanisms are also likely to be present in biological systems https://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0603137.pdf, indeed it is this that was responsible for us finding ourselves at the same conferences.

There were a number of things that made me start considering alternatives, particularly the electrospray experiments where the experimental evidence for energy gain is good - I have been through the raw data.  However its only 1/2 mW and the COP is not wonderful so not something we will be using in power stations (yet).  I feel that the very directional water jets that seem to be associated with this effect are telling us something.

Note also the component of my model where the fusion is initiated by the acceleration of protons through a potential difference is something that John Swain has also considered (https://www.scientific.net/KEM.644.57).

Nigel