people who says industrialisation lead to poverty, don't know how deeply
poor were farmers, most of the population, befre they decided to escape
starvation by working hard in factories, in awful but less awful situation.

Just my dad in the 50s at 20yo lost half of his friends because of
diseases, accidents, and war, in situation that can be avoided today.
.

this is what happened recently in china, making the rate of extreme poverty
move from majority to minority of humanity in few decades.

The Chinese wife of a friend proposed to her husband to sell one or two
kids and keep one, to be able to feed the family... she was happy it was
not needed and her husband was a fantastic man to state he could feed
everybody

We the rich, even if people say we are poor and exploited, cannot
understand what is reality of the past.
This is not a surprise that past culture were more fatalistic and
respectful of hierarchy than today, because there was no escape, whatever
you did.
If you wer not born in th right place, the only future was going to
america, where you have a better chance not to starve, or be locked in a
planned life like your dad.
We also idealize awful culture, defending theocratic slavery regime against
more modern totalitarianism.

AI is not replacing humans, more than donkey do. from the view of a
Nepaleses hired back, a donkey replace you if you are not owning the donkey.
AI, as Jed says, is back to the situation of the 1990s when I worked on it
(No surprise Yann LeCun is a leader, he was our reference in 1985 - he is
very modest today , criticizin both enthusiam and fears facing his dayli
reality with stupid AI). More TB andTFlops, but same wisdom as in the 80s,
if not less.
(my colleagues were using semantic networks and network pattern matching to
detect events in press news).
We don't nee to train the full population to make AI, as we don't need to
teach the population to develop compilers. we need to teach people to
exploit the AI, and all opportunities of modern technology, and if
something is to be shared it is the freedom to invest and innovate.
This last point make me sad as we are going reverse in the colapsing West.

If you are followinn what happen in emerging countries, you see that they
are quite good at exploiting technology. No surprise big corps like IBM
create "inverted innovation" centers in Africa, and follow what happen in
China or Indonesia.

See how Gojek mixed Uber idea with traditional Ojek (unstructured popular
mopped taxi)...