From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: Vortex <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 1:30 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Science does sometimes reject valid discoveries

Adrian Ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

Jed,  I find your comment rather ironic considering your dismissal of
everything that Rossi has done.

You imply that I must accept all new claims without question. That would be as
irrational as rejecting all of them out of hand.

You imply that I am not capable of evaluating claims. If I can read McKubre and
conclude that he is right, I can read the Penon report and conclude that Rossi
is wrong.

The suggestion that a person who uses ordinary judgment and evaluates claim is
somehow "ironic" is a new definition of irony.

Actually, I cannot imagine how a technically competent person could read the
Penon report and not conclude that Rossi was wrong. Axil Axil and other Rossi
supporters have finessed this problem by refusing to read the report. Robert
Park used the same technique to reject all cold fusion results -- he refused to
look at them. That's ironic!