Jones -

No, not humor.  Lack of neutrons and gamma has been -a- defining difference
between hot fusion and cold fusion.  In hot fusion the energy is taken away
by neutrons and gamma almost exclusively.  In cold fusion, there are no
neutrons and gamma commensurate with heat production (or dead graduate
students).  Instead, there are low rate side productions of neutrons and
gammas in cold fusion systems, but that may be due to a small branching
ratio or a small amount of 2-body hot fusion occurring.

The input energy going into many cold fusion experiments is certainly
commensurate with that going into a Farnsworth fusor, but the Farnsworth
reaction is widely regarded as being 2-ion hot fusion.

I have that report, but have only scanned it so far.  It could be that the
neutron and gamma rates reported were small compared to the energy released
by the reaction - do you know?