Jones,

In answer to your question about the "known binding energy for spin-paired
electrons," KP Sinha and I have some theoretical papers that provide some
information that would support the application of spin-paired electrons to
CF. KP's early work on the pair includes published references to them and
KP coined the phrase for the pair as a local-charged boson (the Lochon)
that can be found in [K. P. Sinha, Infinite Energy 29, 54 (2000)]. An
extension of this model is in:

K. P. Sinha and A. Meulenberg, “A Model for Enhanced Fusion Reaction in a
Solid Matrix of Metal Deuterides,” Proceedings of the 14th International
Conference on Cold Fusion (ICCF-14) 10-15 August 2008 Washington DC p.
633,   http://coldfusioncommunity.net/pdf/conf/ICCF-14/633_ICCF-14.pdf

These papers were prior to our deep-orbit electron models, but the concept
can still be useful in helping to get electrons into those deep orbits. A
possible weakness in the ICCF-14 model is the assumption that the increased
effective mass of a lattice electron would be valid for atomic-hydrogen
spacings (dimensions) below that of the lattice. However, the assumption
that the hydrogen would be in a linear sub-lattice, which could "shrink",
lent some credence to that assumption. This later led to a model of a
lattice-bound, linear-H, molecule being an option for populating the
deep-electron orbits and producing CF:

A. Meulenberg, K.P. Sinha, “Composite model for LENR in linear defects of a
lattice,” ICCF-18, 18th Int. Conf. on Cond. Matter Nuclear Science,
Columbia, Missouri, 25/07/2013, Abstract and presentation slides at
http://hdl.handle.net/10355/36818, video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcTSUJUCRHE

Andrew
_ _ _