Dear Jones,

I suspect that it will take a convergence of ideas to solve the CF problem.
I haven't the time, presently, to come up to speed on Jurg's model (I may
have to make the time at some point).

I was unaware that spintronics can increase the effective mass of
electrons. However, I suspect that is in the context of a lattice; if so,
such an increase would not be surprising. Just as charged particles are
trapped in the Van Allen belts by "mirroring" in the Earth's mag field
gradient, this could happen to conduction electrons within a lattice. This
would certainly add to the increase in effective mass from the E-field
barriers of the lattice.

Right now, I am toying with Jean-Luc Paillet's concept of ~100 MeV
relativistic electrons in deep orbits to act as muons and pions and a
potential source of nuclear forces. As a consequence of deep-orbit
interactions (e.g., spin-spin interaction between nucleons, quarks, and
electrons), we may be able to understand the additional SS interactions, if
a second such electron (or a positron) is present (as I suspect may be the
case in the structure of neutrons - or even quarks).

I would not be surprised if Holmlid's work (and spintronics) can contribute
to new (or, at least, modified) models of nuclear and atomic physics.

Andrew
_ _ _