Dave Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> With further reading I see that some thin gasket was used.  I answered my
> own question.  Of course the type of material is very critical for anyone
> wanting to replicate the experiment.

I do not think the gasket material is critical to replicating the
experiment. The gasket ensures the cell is air tight. During a bake-out at
high temperature, no contamination from the the cell walls or the gasket
get into the gas. If the gasket were Cu, and some of it got into the gas,
you would know. During and after a bake-out you run samples of gas through
the mass spec.

Any kind of inert gasket that prevents leaks at low pressure and high
temperatures, and that does not contaminate the reactor contents, should
work, I think.

I doubt that Mizuno thinks it is critical, because if he had thought so, he
would have told me to include information on the gasket in the paper.