I wrote:

> During a bake-out at high temperature, no contamination from the the cell
> walls or the gasket get into the gas. If the gasket were Cu, and some of it
> got into the gas, you would know. During and after a bake-out you run
> samples of gas through the mass spec.

As I wrote elsewhere, I think it *is* Cu. I think I remember that. Whatever
metal it is, it does not make its way into the reactor in measurable
quantities. If it did, you would see it with the mass spec.

I think you gotta have a mass spec to to this experiment. And you have to
test the reactor to be sure it is leak tight and clean, clean, clean.