OrionWorks wrote:

I'm under the impression that you have not looked into this subject to
> any great extent.

That is correct. That's why I asked how many pilots have reported anomalies.

. . . your comments about the reliability of the pilots you've known seems
> uncharacteristically anecdotal.

It is completely anecdotal and not to be taken seriously. However, I have
met quite a number of weirdo pilots, with very odd beliefs, especially ones
who resemble Gen. Jack D. Ripper in Dr. Strangelove. So there are at least
some you should not trust. It wouldn't take many to introduce a little noise
in the data set, with one or two reports per year.