From: Abd ul-Rahman Lomax [mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:28 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com; vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:E-Cat vs. Water Heater for coffee/tea...

At 02:25 PM 6/22/2011, Mark Iverson wrote:

>AS I ALREADY STATED, I AGREE THAT THE INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MEASURE STEAM
>QUALITY!
>YOU"RE TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!  IT DOES GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION
>NEEDED TO CALCULATE IT THOUGH!
>
>THE INSTRUMENT DOES PROVIDE MASS OF WATER AS VAPOR, AND SUBTRACTING
>THAT FROM THE MASS OF WATER GOING IN WILL GIVE YOU THE MASS OF LIQUID
>WATER THAT IS COMING OUT!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Its ALGEBRA-I level math...

The capital letters inspire and express confidence, right?

The instrument does not provide mass of water as vapor, unfortunately, that's
not what it shows. It
reads in g/m^3. To convert this to mass we'd need to know the volume, eh?

(This is really just a relative humidity measurement, converted at the relevant
temperature and
pressure.)

Further, we do not know the effect of the presence of liquid water on the meter
readings, so the
g/m^3 might be affected by the presence of liquid water.

Slow down, folks, pressing the caps lock before engaging the mind is a way to
look really .... well,
I won't say it. You get the idea.