On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Mark Iverson <zeropo...@charter.net> wrote:

> More frustration than confidence!  Jeff kept on insisting that there is no
> documentation that the
> instrument (actually sensor) can measure the liquid content of steam, to
> which I AGREED, but I
> requested twice that he read my proposal of a very easily understood method
> that one could calculate
> that value with information that the instrument DOES give us... And he did
> not.  He was pretty much
> digging in his heals and refusing to even read and discuss what I was
> proposing!  Gee, that's real
> open-minded...
>
> -Mark

Mark,

I read and understand what you wrote.  I know exactly what you are
trying to explain.  But you are not understanding me and you don't
understand that an instrument designed for humid air does not work
with 100% vapor or a mixture of vapor and liquid water.

You literally wrote "THE INSTRUMENT DOES PROVIDE MASS OF WATER AS VAPOR"

But the instrument measures mass of water as vapor in an air and water
vapor mixture.  It is made for measuring only in *humid air* with no
liquid droplets present.   It will not for the Ecat which is putting
out a state of water vapor and liquid water.  And there is no way to
mickey mouse some sort of method.