> http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mollier-diagram-water-d_308.html shows a
Mollier diagram, but I see no way to use this diagram to determine steam
quality.

Dear Abd,

I use like this:
Take the isobaric curve;
Find intersection with temperature.
Now you can read the steam quality using the closest red curve.
If you need more precision you can read the enthalpy on the left and you can
find the mass of vapour and water in a unit of volume by algebraic
calculation.

As for the steam tables they are everywhere. If you want to play with steam
go here :
http://www.steamtablesonline.com/

mic

Il giorno 05/ago/2011 19:59, "Abd ul-Rahman Lomax" <a...@lomaxdesign.com> ha
scritto:

> At 01:43 PM 8/4/2011, Michele Comitini wrote:
>
>> I cannot find where Galantini declared that he used the RH reading on the
datalogger.  Did he declare that?

> He used the g/m^3 reading, which is a calculated reading. I believe that
this reading does consider pressure, if the information is available.

>> Maybe  he used the probe because it measures T in the correct range up
to 150°C.Â

> Sure. However, that rating doesn't mean that it provides accurate readings
all through that range.
>  http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/3717appendixc1.shtml
>

>> If he knew the pressure at the point where the probe was then with steam
tables or Mollier diagram the quality of steam is derived.
>> Why that probe with RH sensor then? Maybe it just comes bundled with the
datalogger.

> The reading for g/m^3 requires the humidity sensor.
>
>> The Essen report points to a probe for temperature only.  Did they use a
different way to find steam quality?

> Essen and Kullander also report relying upon the g/m^3 display.
>
> Michele, you have not pointed to a specific "steam table" that allows the
derivation of quality of steam. Derived from what?

> For saturated steam, which is obviously the condition in the E-Cats, the
pressure and temperature are nailed to each other, and it is independent of
quality of the steam. Only if the temperature rises above the saturated
steam temperature for the pressure will the quality of the steam be
determinable.

> http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mollier-diagram-water-d_308.html shows a
Mollier diagram, but I see no way to use this diagram to determine steam
quality.

> The question of how to use the Testo device to measure steam quality has
been asked many times. The manufacturer and many others have stated it
cannot be done. Nobody who claims it can be done has shown the procedure.

> Galantini provided no data as readings from the meter, and no description
of determination.
> http://www.newenergytimes.com/v2/news/2011/37/3717appendixc1.shtml
>
> However, he states:
>
>> I confirm that the measured temperature always was higher than 100.1°C
and that the measured pressure in the chimney always was equal to the
ambient pressure.

> It appears that Galantini thinks that the temperature of 100.1 C and
"pressure at ambient" -- which he does not state -- is adequate to determine
that the steam is dry. However, he's totally neglected that pressure inside
the E-Cat *must* be greater than ambient, or steam would not flow out. The
measured temperature of 100.5 in the Marwan report for April indicates a
pressure of, as I recall, 1.03 bar for saturated steam.

> Some of us have done the calculations for expected steam velocity and
pressure if all the water were being vaporized. Galantini, if he did measure
the pressure in the E-cat and found it to be "ambient," was making an
approximation.

> That the temperature is very stable indicates that the steam is saturated,
which means it is at least somewhat wet.

> All appearances are that Galantini made a major mistake, and he's not
responded with actual data, nor with a description of his procedure.

> Bottom line, then, his testimony means nothing. He is not an expert on
steam, he's a chemist, he happens to own a company which does environmental
testing, so he had the Testo data logger, I'd assume, in stock and he
offered to help, having no understanding of the issues.

http://www.deltaohm.com/ver2010/uk/st_airQ.php?str=HD37AB1347

> With the HP474AC probe, the device will measure temperature up to 150 C.,
with an accuracy of +/- 0.3 C, and humidity up to 100% with an accuracy,
over 95%, of +/- 3.5%. It measures atmospheric pressure, but the sensor is
not in the probe, it appears. It's in the device.

> So we have a new mystery: how did Galantini determine that pressure in the
E-cat was "ambient." Did he simply read the pressure display and assume this
was from the probe? I can imagine someone unfamiliar with the instrument
making that mistake.

> Rather, we have a very strong indicator of the pressure: it was at
saturated steam pressure for the temperature. The evidence for this is the
stable temperature observed, without a major excursion above a stable
temperature. Once the steam is completely dry, the temperature can and very
likely will rise.

> The appearance is very strong from the demonstration reports that a
temperature above 100 C was assumed to indicate saturated steam, which is a
blatant error. There will be pressure in the E-cat if any steam is being
generated.