At 04:55 PM 8/5/2011, Michele Comitini wrote:

> <http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mollier-diagram-water-d_308.html>http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/mollier-diagram-water-d_308.html shows a Mollier diagram, but I see no way to use this diagram to determine steam quality.

Dear Abd,

I use like this:
Take the isobaric curve;
Find intersection with temperature.
Now you can read the steam quality using the closest red curve.
If you need more precision you can read the enthalpy on the left and you can find the mass of vapour and water in a unit of volume by algebraic calculation.

Great. Isobaric curve for 1 bar. Intersects the tempurature curve at 100 C. Steam quality 100%. What does this mean? That all steam at 100 C and 1 bar is 100% dry? The temperature lines do not go below 100%, anywhere.

As for the steam tables they are everywhere. If you want to play with steam go here :Â
<http://www.steamtablesonline.com/>http://www.steamtablesonline.com/

I looked at the calculator there and found that the pressure/temperature relationship did not change with a change in steam quality. Steam quality affects the enthalpy, drastically.