From: Alan J Fletcher <a...@well.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>; vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 26, 2011 7:06 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Manifold mispositioning makes measurements meaningless

At 03:55 PM 10/26/2011, David Roberson wrote:

Maybe you have an error with your simulation since the number does not seem to
match the real world results.  What kind of flow did you assume in the primary?
 I think that vapor condensation is where the most action is since that takes
so much more energy than cooling the hot condensed liquid.  I wish someone
would have been wise enough to place the thermocouple well.

My initial simulation assumes primary 100C water IN at 15 L / hour, and  the
secondary 30C water leaving the heat exchanger at 600 L /  hour.
The "height" of my manifold model is approximately right, but it's probably 1/2
the correct length.

I plan to calibrate the water/water simulation and then consider steam/water.

The manifold is so short that I don't think there would be significant
condensation in it -- so the heat transfer will be the same for superheated or
saturated (100% dry) steam.