On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Add to that a scenario in which Defkalion has set up a large, expensive
> fake laboratory staffed by genuine experts being paid to pretend they are
> doing research. The whole notion is so implausible I can't imagine why
> anyone would take it seriously. This is real life, not a James Bond movie.
> People do not spend millions of dollars and hire dozens of people to commit
> fraud.

I agree that the above scenario is not likely but it is not what skeptics
propose so it's a straw man.  What *is* likely is that Defkalion believed
that they were going to receive a working core module from Rossi in June
2011.   It is also likely that they prepared equipment and labs based on
what they thought this core would be like according to specifications given
to them by Rossi.   I think that the only thing they ever built was a
simulation of their anticipated final product.  And the core was and still
is missing.   Either that or they are simply lying about a large and
expensive laboratory of their own and a large staff of genuine experts.
After all who has seen or talked to this large group of people?

I don't know how you know or think you know how much Defkalion spent and
what they built but be that as it may, it is an agreed on fact that they
did not get a core from Rossi.   When they didn't get the working core from
Rossi, perhaps they decided to try to develop it because they believed
Rossi had the technology, the technology was possible and they could
develop it anew.   That is essentially what they claim (on their web site
forum) happened.   My guess is that they have been unable to get anything
to work and that this is the reason they have never shown a test in public
or given a unit to anyone or any government agency to test.

Only "skeptics" far removed from reality would even imagine such a thing is
> possible.

Oh?  Who could have imagined Steorn was a 21 million Euro fake when it
first started?  And the other spectacular tech frauds people keep listing
here?

> Rossi think he can outproduce and underprice industrial corporations. He
> is crazy, but not half as crazy as skeptics who seriously believe this
> whole thing is fake.

There is nothing crazy about doubting Rossi and Defkalion.  Believing that
they have what they say, are actively marketing it, but won't let anyone
test it independently -- that's pretty crazy.   And to think Rossi sold
1300 modules to some mystery client for an unspecified and unguessable
purpose defies the imagination.