From: John Milstone

*  Reducing the cost of a gram of 64Ni from $30,000 to $0.04 is quite an
achievement!

As Daniel implies, that is not the correct comparison.

It could easily be the case that Rossi has found that nickel with ~10% 64Ni
and ~15% 62Ni works well, and that this enrichment ratio need not be precise
but can be obtained from electroless Ni feedstock with one pass in an
ultra-centrifuge, and that the lower weight feedstock is more valuable than
natural, so that it all fits together nicely.

I have no problem with any of those premises standing alone, but it is all
of them together that seems unlikely. Stranger things have happened.

That could be Rossi's main secret, for all we know, and he may have learned
this from his contacts in DoE where, yes, they do fund precisely this kind
of thing.

That would also explain why it is not in his patent application, as well. If
he had discovered it - and did not patent, then he is a bigger fool than
ever imagined.

Jones