Ha! If that group of scientists had "Defkalion" in their name, then it would
be a fitting segue to another Sci-Fi story, no?

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Dyer

I continue to be reminded of a (Isaac Asimov?) science fiction story I
read as a child where a group of scientists are shown a film of what
they are told is an anti gravity machine, which takes off, flies a bit
then blows up. They are told that the inventor, the only person who
knew how it worked, was killed. They then spend six months(?) working
together and produce a new anti-gravity machine.  They are then told
that the film was a fake and there was no such inventor.