Post 6

Bob Higgins stated: Where does the 50-100g cell size come from?  Will it
work just as well in 1g cells?  Unknown.

Axits comments:

In his post on this thread, JoJo Jaro talks about the evolution of Rossi’s
deployment of micro-powder from a pile to a thin sprinkling over a wide
area.

JoJo Jaro states: his "FAT Cat" design.  If I remember correctly, his home
E-Cat was shaped like a laptop with the reactor itself being only 20x20x1
cm in dimensions.  This is essentially two metal plates separated by a thin
layer of pressurized hydrogen.  The nickel is spread out thinly over the
surface of the plate.

The Rydberg effect is a surface electrostatic effect that cannot penetrate
deeply into the pile of micro-powder. In Rossi’s early designs where the
micro-powder was packed into a cylinder, the interior of the cylinder of
powder was electrostatically shielded by the surface of its upper powder
layer. To get the reaction activity that he was after, Rossi had to make
the pile of powder much bigger than it needed to be.

In his current design, he attempts to expose the surface of every
micro-grain to the electrostatic field produced by the Rydberg matter. This
increases the efficiency of the powder to near 100% with every grain
contributing to the reaction.
This is why he when from an early cylindrical layout with lots of powder,
to his current flat rectangular plate like layout with a small amount of
powder.

Regards: axil