Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the field of politics and public relations, the words that are used are
> tools to influence perceptions. Some words are good and some words are bad
> in forming impressions and connections  in people’s minds.

This will be 0.00000001% as important as the fact that cold fusion cells
often produce tritium, and with deuterium they always produce helium. When
you deal with science and technology, facts matter more than perception.

When it becomes generally known that the FP effect is real, the authorities
will be obligated to investigate the claims and determine the nature of the
reaction. You, or Defkalion, or someone is imagining a discussion along
these lines:

Congressman, addressing a panel of experts: "You now agree that cold fusion
is real. The next question is, what is it? Is it a nuclear effect that
should be regulated by the NRC?"

Expert witness: "Well Congressman, we are not sure yet. Some experts say
yes, others say no. Here is what we are looking at:

We have hundreds of studies showing that effect produces tritium. That's a
nuclear product. We have dozens of studies showing that it produces helium
and transmutations and other nuclear processes, and in some cases it
definitely produces a burst of neutrons. So there's pretty good evidence
that it is a nuclear effect. I would say there are roughly 600
distinguished experts worldwide who have told us it is a nuclear effect.

On the other hand . . .

The company that makes this gadget, Defkalion, says it is not a nuclear
effect. And they don't call it nuclear fusion. They say it is something
called . . . uh, let me check my notes . . . HENI-heat. Also, there's a guy
named Steve Krivit who says it is not nuclear fusion.

So anyway, based on what this company calls it, and what this guy Krivit
says, we decided we should not regulate it."

Congressman: "We shouldn't worry about it?"

Expert: "Right. We figure, this is Defkalion's product. They picked the
name, they decide how it works and what the theory is. They should be the
ones to decide whether it should be regulated or not, and who should
regulate it."

Congressman: "That stands to reason! Okay the session is adjourned."