Kidding aside, I'm going to channel Mary Yugo here for a minute.

Back in Februrary, NanoSpire "...announced that its investigative study on
fusion created by cavitation in water has come to an end."
http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=44551 (Dr. Storms is
mentioned.)

These experiments apparently go back to 2007. If I understood the video
correctly the one in which the principals of the company were injured by
radiation was done in 2009. They say the produced a huge range of elements
up through transuranics. Years ago.

So I must be missing something here. Put up some shielding. Put some
detectors and live plants behind the shielding and run the device. Invite
people to come watch them fry. Put up a webcam. Whatever. It's not that
hard. The HUG guys in Minnesota are doing it. Or for that matter, scrape up
the remains and sell them. Lots of the elements in that wide range are
valuable. Transuranics are fantastically valuable.

Something. Note that none of these ideas compromise their IP in the
slightest. The HUG replication is not compromising Celani's IP related to
fabrication of the wire. So don't even start about how they're preserving
their valuable IP.

But no, nothing along these lines - just earth-shattering news of a
breakthrough in physics, with no reproduction instructions, no apparent
demonstration, and no attempt (that I can see) to extract economic value
from the consequences.  "Sorry, no. Not interested in a Nobel or in
boundless wealth. Happy to be a small IP holding company and keep chugging
along."

Help me out here. What am I missing.

Jeff