Here's a pretty good animation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiteXBb1mA&feature=player_embedded

 About 3:40 into the animation.  I found it at Superwaves's site
http://ideasorlando.com/ideas/news/ideas-creates-animation-for-new-scientific-breakthrough-featured-on-cbs-60-minutes/

When these atoms start interacting in a coherent fashion with eachother,
there are a few things that I suggest could cause LENR.  One is that they
become a BEC.

 Another is that there could be hundreds of localized atomic coherent
fields collide with eachother similar to Newton's Cradle, with the kinetic
force of several hundred/thousand/million atoms behind a collision that
could overcome the Coulomb barrier.  If it is reversible proton fusion
which takes place, then the corresponding energy release is mostly heat,
according to Jones Beene.  The fact that there is mass reduction might lead
one to assume that the H atom's final state resembles a hydrino more than
anything else.