Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> However, as you imply, Charlie is a definite long shot unless he is
> emblematic of a new business strategy… but it is not out of the question
> that Sutherland has build a few Ecats to provide process heat.

Where did you get the idea this person is involved? Just from the ecatmotor
article? This is mainly speculation, I think.

More speculation --

People who run small start up companies are often quite capable of doing
various things, or finding someone who can. Soap manufacturing is probably
more complicated than most of us appreciate.

The company doing the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project could handle
this. I'll bet they could do it as well as General Motors or Mitsubishi
could, in one-tenth the time. They do not have many employees.

I doubt that a plumber could made a low temp e-cat in a day. But I agree
the powder is the secret sauce. Once you have the specs for the reactor any
skilled person should be able to make it. If I read Rossi's memo correctly,
someone in the US independently fabricated the powder as well. I assume
that would be some specialty firm, not the soap company. They need only
small quantities of powder at this stage, so it would not take a major
company.