I like Mill's idea about the collapse to a black hole.  I am pretty sure I
just found a whole GUT worth of dark/vacuum energy

http://darkmattersalot.com/2014/01/25/its-not-the-hot-its-not-the-cold-its-the-vacuum-that-unfolds/

That cosmic string passing in front of the Sun is gravitationally lensing
it.  Those Sun Dogs to the right/left are lensed pairs as are the
additional lensed pairs along the circumference of that string of
dark/vacuum energy.  That inverted "rainbow" at the top is actually the
lensed crescent of the planet Mercury, mirrored.  The first halo is the
Sun's lens, the second halo is the lensed dust/dark matter along the orbit
of Mercury.  You can also see the lensed path of Venus' orbit in many of
these multi halos.

You can see the condensing along the path of that string in the atmosphere,
many videos show the cirrus clouds they are creating and the gravitational
waves emanating from them.  A cosmic string a mile long will have the
energy of the Earth curled up within it.  These strings pull a vacuum in
our gaseous atmosphere and create cold and low pressure, such as polar
vortexes.  They also pass into the Earth and ionize and decay it,
triggering seismic events. The hexagonal ice crystals are created along the
surface of that decaying string within the atmosphere. Our current increase
in vacuum/cold weather is due to either our alignment between Jupiter and
the Sun or an increase after comet ISON

The Cosmic string shown in the video was orbiting in our atmosphere a
couple weeks before the 2011 Japan Earthquake.  The Japan Earthquake was
proceeded by increased ionization in the atmosphere as I have posted
earlier. Many of the UFO/Earthquake lights seen are caused from these
strings of vacuum and lensing.

This is what many of the crop circles have been trying to show us, that our
severe/low pressure systems are triggered by these decaying, ionizing,
condensing strings of vacuum in our atmosphere. Our Doppler radars are
interacting with this vacuum, thus the bending of the doppler and anomolous
reflections.  Our Doppler radars are also interacting with this vacuum and
triggering an increase in weakly ionizing radiation in a 25-50 mile radius
around the microwave towers, damaging all biology thru accelerated
ionization and decay.  I have two years statistics to prove it in Florida

There is no energy shortage, just a gross misconception about the energy in
our surroundings. This is what two years of research is telling me. Believe
what you want.

Stewart
darkmattersalot.com