yes, A magnetic field will affect  the direction of the spin of the both
the polariton and the soliton. but that might not affect the LENR reaction
because there is matter all around the soliton, the mega-spin of the
soliton will just zap some other atoms in the area.

One more point, all the solitons are formed into a superconducting BEC and
what the magnetic field will do to the BEC I have not thought about. The
external  magnetic field might destroy the BEC.