Another way to get time dilation is through density. Packing lots of matter
into a confined space will serve just as well as applying extreme speed.
Slowing down a particle through extreme confinement will force that
particle into getting where it wants to go through tunneling.  When that
particle is tunneling, what is its state in space/time? Is it still in this
universe?