Axil, I agree, said simply this is equivalence,  if the paradox twin could
somehow come to rest at  an event horizon or to a lesser extent land on a dead
star  his equivalent acceleration would provide dilation equivalent to actual
spatial displacement – the ether accelerating thru the object vs the object
thru the ether.  Using gravity is one way to provide “confinement” relative to
density but IMHO there is a far more interesting possibility at hand in LENR by
the geometry of metal lattices and defects .. the possibility of breaching the
isotropy to disallow  longer vacuum wavelengths / virtual particles to exist in
between conductive boundaries. The Haisch Rueda analogy of a rainstorm and a
stationary car vs a car travelling very quickly down a highway focuses on the
number of raindrops per second hitting the windshield for these 2 conditions.
The analogy supports the Pythagorean concepts of SR WRT Velocity and C  but it
is a very work intensive method of providing dilation that would never lend
itself to breaching COE. My point is that this is a negative form of your
confinement that is provided by geometry instead of requiring work to
accelerate an object. Instead of “confining” or compressing stationary matter
with a deep gravity well to make it orbit faster at the atomic level  and
intersect with more “raindrops” per unit time this method reduces the number of
raindrops! The Casimir geometry prevents the bigger virtual particles
[raindrops] so the hydrogen atoms see fewer raindrops /unit time than a
stationary macro object would perceive as part of the isotropy. A gravity hill
/warp as opposed to a well. I suspect the tapestry of different geometries
actually shatters the isotropy as opposed to just breaking it once [Casimir
Effect vs DCE] and that this opposition between the isotropy and DCE is why gas
motion and Casimir geometry go hand in hand with these anomalies.
Fran