Put a gun to my head with 10,000,000 chambers and a bullet in only one of
them selected at random and offer me $100 every time I pull the trigger, I
would pull that trigger a number of times.

Why?  Well obviously I could use the money, and more-so the risk of dying
from getting in a car to go to any work place and working in that place and
coming home would be about that anyway. And this would be a lot faster.

The rates are apparently about 1.5 per 100 million vehicle miles,
considering that you must drive to and from work multiple miles and include
the risk of work (highly variable, but it is a 100% time/life suck either
way) that makes this game of long odds Russian Roulette quite attractive by
comparison. Pro Tip: Bus's are 30 times safer than private vehicles.

I don't think it is possible to track 10,000,000 odd long shots which would
probably include Nessie leaving the Loch and taking the Rothchilds out
before going on tour.

Ok, maybe that is slightly longer odds, but only a bit.