To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:54 AM
Subject: RE: [Vo]:A new type of laser is born?

From: Bob Cook
*
* The paper cited does not address the possible ways of exciting the
available plasmonic entity Eigen states. It does suggest that Eigen values
of spin 1 are preferred in the transfer of small quanta of energy to the
metal lattice and this suggests a mechanism for mass transfer to the
plasmonic entity.

There are a number of ways to look at an energy transfer mechanism; and the main one which stands out for me now (in addition to DCE) is the transfer of
quanta of energy (spin energy) direct to the magnon from an electron which
is lost to the Dirac field. The driver for that is SPP but they are pumped
in a separate reaction. There are other ways to look at it: Bob suggests a
MIMS reaction, Axil suggests a nuclear reaction and Terry suggests proton to
neutron. Mills does not invoke SPP as a driver but a DDL/Millsean version
would result in DDL from a SPP driver.

So there are at least 5 ways that energy can be transferred from SPP to
lattice in nickel via an intermediary particle, 3 of them are non-nuclear.
There is another 6th way that gain can derive from Casimir DCE photon
multiplication. I consider this 6th way as the pumping mechanism for the SPP
- so that there is no mutual see-saw to pump the plasmons, but of course,
other ways are possible to consider at this early juncture.

We need to focus on what fits the facts. If you believe that the Levi
isotope sample was not compromised, then you might double-down on the
nuclear route. For me there is no proof of fusion, and no need for it. A
confirmation of even slight gain via SPP superradiance without use of a real
laser (Violante) would be a starting point-  and that could happen sooner
rather than later.

Jones