Letting out the viewer is something of a SOP.  I think the server-side is
possibly more important given that there are any number of open source
viewers out there for 3D platforms that are just as good or better.  It is
the management of the server farm that makes the difference, that and a big
budget for marketing.

Yes, I think they are looking at migrating the building market, but the only
thing that brings in the bigCos is the site traffic.  Otherwise, to Sears,
there is no advantage to being there.   IBM can talk a lot about boardroom
VR but they are a services company in this market and without other
companies willing to host on private farms, there is no market.

There is a lot of puff in the online worlds market.  Of what value is it to
own content that you can't move because it only works on that platform?  So
like a Macintosh or a Mall, without a big membership that is actually going
there often, having a presence there is largely a decorative bauble, a loss
leader for being 'in the know'.  This market is relying on the naivete of
the IT groups of the companies hosting there.

The in-world economy is a fascinating experiment in waiting to see when the
Feds will begin to look at it the same way they look at church bingo.  They
tend to wait until the value is high enough that they can safely take their
cut without killing the game.

len