Web Browser plz!
I wouldn't go with MAME, strictly because of copyright issues that may
arise from including ROMs with your program, unless you own the rights
to said ROMs or unless they were put into the public domain.

As Peter just mentioned, the main problem here (with showing graphics
buffers inside TerAngreal) becomes 'window-managing'. You would have
to create a windowmanager for the 3d system. And I'm the guy whose
done the most research in 'creating a 3d windowmanager', as I've been
designing a 3d windowmanager for SOME TIME now.

I recommend you read http://www.stereopsis.com/procui.html before we
discuss this toipic at any great length. After that, please download
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.kkrieger ;)

On 3/9/07, Rob Meyers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right on.  One thing I had though about whiles back was coupling MAME
> (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator?) directly into the space.  MAME case you
> don't know plays all the old arcade games directly from the original ROM.
> Anyhow, in this way you could have a real 80s style arcade, maybe have a
> pool table in there as well? :)

For the copyright issues alone, that's why I thought "Make 3d
versions". Besides, a 3d space invaders? Awesome stuff.
http://www.pixelfalls.net/kongzilla/folio/3DspaceInvader09.swf

> But that brings me to another question, can you import output from some
> graphics buffer directly into CrystalSpace?  Such a technique could be used
> to import all sort of already built apps, like a web browser.

Of all the applications on my system that it would be awesome to
include, if you were including applications that could render
themselves in 3d, I would say;

Web Browser:
Dillo - Opensource and more importantly; SMALL.
http://www.dillo.org/screenshots

Comms:
Miranda IM - Opensource, Small, and includes AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ,
Jabber/Gtalk, IRC, plugins support SMTP Email.
http://www.miranda-im.org/screenshots

Filesharing:
Shareaza - Opensource, supports HTTP, FTP, ed2k, Gnutella, BitTorrent
http://www.shareaza.com

Media:
VLC or Media Player Classic - both Opensource.

Images:
i.Mage editor - Opensource and Small.
http://www.memecode.com/image.php

Compression:
unxutils or 7zip - both Opensource.

AntiVirus:
ClamAV - Opensource

FTP:
FileZilla - Opensource

Office:
OpenOffice - Opensource but NOT small.

Games:
ProgressQuest - Not Opensource, but it is the best game in world. ;)
http://www.progressquest.com/dl.php