On 07-Jan-00,* C. Dimitrakakis*, of Planet Eros, wrote these Wise Words:
> Erm, does printing actually work?
Definitely NOT on my system. The latest version crashes my
system, so I don't even bother trying any more. If I want
something printed, I just go to school and use the iMac's
or 300PPC Mac in the lab to print on the Apple Laserjet 12/640,
or whatever model it is. Fairly fast, even if it is in a LAN
linked to the whole province... : )))
I just feel that it is too sad that I have to use a whole
other system to really surf the Net properly. I realize that
the Amiga system does NOT have the printing feature built
into the OS the way MAC and Windows have, but that does not
mean that I am happy with it.
I am just waiting to see who gets acceptable printing from
their browser first: IBrowse, Voyager or AWeb (the latter does
not work with my system either!)
> I have the latest release, though unregistered.
For shame!!! I can't afford it by a long shot, but I sure
have registered both the browsers that I work with on the
Amiga. We had better all support all those Amiga programmers
or we will NOT have them for too much longer! ....IMESHO
> Why does it not work?
Well, obviously they have put printing capability into a lower
priority than JS and bug fixing... which, I have to admit, is
pretty logical...
> Should it not be working? (etc).
In the overall scheme of things, I would think that Olli has a
lot to do, what with all the dozen or so programs he is dabbling
in all the time. It would make sense to me for him to perfect
the browser first, and then add the others that are upscale
versions of what he has on Voyager. Bot, who am I to tell him
what to do? : )))
> It either hangs or crashes my machine, consistently.
As I said, that is what it does on my system, which you can
always view below... : )
Gil
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gil Knutson's Pride and Joy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - OS3.5 - Sardis, BC, Canada
A3000/30/2+16 RAM+245 meg Maxtor+1.06 gig Seagate+ZIP Drive
MFCardIII+GVC 56k Speakerphone+Lexmark 4039 10R w/16meg
THOR2.6a, MUI3.8, MWB, Voyager3.xbeta AmIRC 2.0, AmFTP 1.65 (all reg)
~~~~~~~~~~~ The Amiga Shall Inherit the Earth ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows
where all the bad girls live.
____________________________________________________________
Voyager Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"